Sunday, April 4, 2010

Web Metrics

I've posted notes on a book called Web Metrics: Proven Methods for Measuring Web Site Success to my research notes, but with some degree of reluctance. It's not a very good book, in that the author skims the surface and doesn't really get into the kinds of detail I was looking for; and my notes themselves are not very good, either, in that I did a lot more interpretation and editorializing than I prefer.

And so, I had been lukewarm on the idea of putting the notes online, but I've been goofing with an Web log analysis program with an eye toward getting it online (a task that is still on hold), so metrics have been much on my mind lately, and I've been gathering wool with an eye toward developing an original article on the topic.

So in the meantime, these reading notes address the topic from another perspective - even if it is one with which I am not entirely in agreement.

No comments:

Post a Comment