Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Virtual Community Practices and Social Interactive Media

I've added reading notes on a volume of academic articles about virtual communities and social media, which presents information that I think is of some interest - but I have to admit that it's hard to be certain.

Academic articles tend to be convoluted, so it's taken me a while to get through it and I'll concede that I may have mis-translated much. Just the nature of this mode of writing: it takes poring over over an 800-word sentence three or four times to come to the conclusion that "what he's saying here is that old people don't like to use computers" .... and even with effort, I have the uncertainty that I've quite gotten the point.

It's taken a while to slog through it, and I may need a break from my studies to clear my head and rekindle my interests, so it may be a while before I add additional reading notes to the site.

No comments:

Post a Comment